If you need 4th grade capitalization worksheets, here are two. They cover the everyday rules of capitalization.
4th Grade Capitalization Worksheets
The first of the two 4th grade capitalization worksheets will cover rules concerning:
- the first word of a sentence
- days, months, and holidays
- names of people and places, titles of people
- buildings and other structures
- organizations and other groups of people
- historical events and documents
- titles of books, games, newspapers, magazines, movies, plays, television shows, works of art, etc.
Capitalization Practice - #1
A. Instructions: Write the following sentences using the correct capitalization.
- we loved night at the museum.
- a famous spanish painter was pablo picasso.
- the president lives in the white house.
- i want to visit yellowstone national park next june.
- jack and jill is a kid’s magazine.
B. Instructions: Circle the words that need a capital.
- i went to the museum of modern art in new york city and saw starry night by van gogh.
- on wednesday, betty and i went to see star trek.
- she loves to play the legend of zelda on her nintendo.
- children love december because of christmas and hanukkah.
- people of all ages enjoy tom and jerry cartoons.
- We loved Night at the Museum.
- A famous Spanish painter was Pablo Picasso.
- The president lives in the White House.
- I want to visit Yellowstone National Park next June.
- Jack and Jill is a kid’s magazine.
- I went to the Museum of Modern Art in New York City and saw Starry Night by Van Gogh.
- On Wednesday, Betty and I went to see Star Trek.
- She loves to play The Legend of Zelda on her Nintendo.
- Children love December because of Christmas and Hanukkah.
- People of all ages enjoy Tom and Jerry cartoons.
Capitalization Practice - #2
This second 4th grade capitalization worksheet is comprehensive. It provides practice for the rules covered in the first set adds these: names of people including their titles; family members when used as a name; groups of people, historical events and documents; and the first word in a quote.
A. Instructions: Put an X by the sentences that are not capitalized correctly.
- _____ I saw mr. Jones at the theater.
- _____ She said, “That is alright with me.”
- _____ My Mother is the greatest.
- _____ Henry wanted to see Alvin And The Chipmunks.
- _____ Shakespeare wrote Romeo and Juliet.
- _____ He explained, “You see, dad, it is just a small dent.”
- _____ His dad replied, “you have to pay for the damage.”
- _____ I have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban five times.
- _____ My Brother and Sister are both older than I.
- _____ There were democrats and republicans at the debate.
B. Instructions: Circle the words that need a capital letter. There are 25.
history is full of interesting things. two funny names of battles are battle of bull run, and battle of the bulge. the sphinx in egypt is hard to say and spell. the moai of easter island is a group of huge statues and no one is certain why they were built. the notre dame cathedral in paris, france is really spooky, as is dracula’s castle in romania. someday i would like to visit historic places like these.
A. 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 10 are wrong.
B. History is full of interesting things. Two funny names of battles are Battle of Bull Run, and Battle of the Bulge. The Sphinx in Egypt is hard to say and spell. The Moai of Easter Island is a group of huge statues and no one is certain why they were built. The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France is really spooky, as is Dracula’s Castle in Romania. Someday I would like to visit historic places like these.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"4th Grade Capitalization Worksheets." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 17 August 2018. <http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/capitalization/4th-grade-capitalization-worksheets.html>.
4th Grade Capitalization Worksheets. (n.d.). Retrieved August 17th, 2018, from http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/capitalization/4th-grade-capitalization-worksheets.html