The following capitalization worksheets are designed for third grade.
Capitalization Worksheets Third Grade
The first of the capitalization worksheets third grade is a review. It will have the students recognize which words need a capital letter including: names of people, titles, places, “I”, days, weeks, first word of sentences, directions, family names, buildings, organizations, historical events and documents.
Third Grade Capitalization Worksheet - Review
A. Instructions: Put a C for the sentences that are correct and an X for the ones that are not correct.
- _____ We went to the park on Saturday.
- _____ james is really smart.
- _____ Pizza is my Favorite food.
- _____ In June, I went to the Chicago Zoo.
- _____ The Grand Canyon is an awesome park.
- _____ Venice, italy has canals for streets.
- _____ I want to go on a safari in Africa.
- _____ South america grows a lot of coffee.
- _____ Dairy Queen has good food.
- _____ The pentagon is a military building.
B. Instructions: Circle the words in the following paragraph that should be capitalized. There are 25.
when i went to harvard university, i met people from all over the world. there were people from australia, china, and asia. my best friend, claire is from paris, france, and she told me all about the eiffel tower. on saturday, i took her to see the empire state building in new york city. she loved it.
B. When I went to Harvard University, I met people from all over the world. There were people from Australia, China, and Asia. My best friend, Claire is from Paris, France, and she told me all about the Eiffel Tower. On Saturday, I took her to see the Empire State Building in New York City. She loved it.
The next of the capitalization worksheets third grade will introduce other words that need capitals. These are: directions, family names, names of buildings, organizations, historic events and documents.
Third Grade Capitalization Worksheet
A. Directions: Circle the words that need a capital letter. There are 35.
- there are huge trees in redwood national park.
- the liberty bell is located in philadelphia, pennsylvania.
- the united states constitution is an very important document.
- i was born in the south.
- she screamed, “mom, help me!”
- you have to drive north to reach canada or alaska.
- my dad loves to go to laguna beach to surf in the pacific ocean.
- the great sphinx of egypt is 4500 years old.
- george washington was our first president.
- the american revolutionary war was fought for independence.
B. Directions: Write the following sentences correctly. There are 20.
- did you know that the grand canyon is in arizona?
- the nile river floods every year.
- the great wall of china can be seen from space.
- my mother supports the american humane society.
- juan went camping at big bend national park.
- There are huge trees in Redwood National Park.
- The Liberty Bell is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- The United States Constitution is a very important document.
- I was born in the South.
- She screamed, “Mom, help me!”
- You have to drive north to reach Canada or Alaska.
- My dad loves to go to Laguna Beach to surf in the Pacific Ocean.
- The Great Sphinx of Egypt is 4500 years old.
- George Washington was our first president.
- The American Revolutionary War was fought for independence.
- Did you know that the Grand Canyon is in Arizona?
- The Nile River floods every year.
- The Great Wall of China can be seen from space.
- My mother supports the American Humane Society.
- Juan went camping at Big Bend National Park.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Capitalizations Worksheet Third Grade." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 16 August 2018. <http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/capitalization/capitalizations-worksheet-third-grade.html>.
Capitalizations Worksheet Third Grade. (n.d.). Retrieved August 16th, 2018, from http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/capitalization/capitalizations-worksheet-third-grade.html