Are you stuck on your English homework? Need help with a grammar-related issue? Your YourDictionary community is a great source for answers. Just post your question below.
Is the following sentence a compound sentence? Or, is it a complex sentence?
I am very smart, yet I do not enjoy school.
1. Don't have time to wait for a YourDictionary reader to answer your question, then use the YourDictionary search to find answers to your questions.
For example: Here's how to find the answer to the homework question above:
2. Check the easy-to-use infographics on YourDictionary for examples and answers to common grammar issues.
- Enter "compound sentence" in the search box.
- Scroll down to read the definition for "compound sentence."
- Your sentence meets the definition for "compound sentence" because it has at least two independent clauses.
- You could also scroll down to "Related Articles" and click the "Compound Sentences" link which will take you to an article with definitions and examples of both compound and complex sentences.
Create and save customized word lists. Sign up today and start improving your vocabulary!