Identify the pronoun in each sentence.
1) Gary’s mom asked _______ to clean the garage.
2) A student at all boys high school should be on ______ best behavior.
3) Neither Mary nor _____ knew why the store was closed.
4) After school you and ____ must discuss a few things.
5) Everyone at the table has eaten _______ lunch earlier.
a. his or her
6) My nephew was crying and needed ______ diaper changed.
Find the pronoun(s) in each sentence.
1) My son dropped his bottle on the ground.
a. son b. his c. my
2) The girls standing under the tree are eating their lunch.
a. girls b. tree c. their
3) When I looked over eat him, I noticed that he was reading a book.
a. I b. he c. him
4) The guys ate all of their pizzas.
a. guys b. their c. pizzas
5) Grandma is waiting for her shawl.
a. grandma b. her c. waiting
6) Neither him nor I knew the right answer.
a. him b. I c. answer
7) Why don’t you go outside?
a. you b. outside c. go
8) Take me with you.
a. me b. take c. you
9) I like running fast.
a. I b. run c. run
10) What are you eating now?
a. you b. eating c. what
Fill in the blank with the right pronoun.
1) Did he see ___?
a. us b. we
2) I took the bag from ____.
a. him b. they
3) My brother and ___ went to the park?
a. I b. us
4) What did ____ do about the car?
a. them b. they
5) What did ____ say about the work?
a. she b. me
6) Where will ___ go from here?
a. you b. us
7) Can ____ talk for a minute?
a. we b. us
8) Is this house _____?
a. theirs b. them
9) Why don’t ____ have a seat?
a. you b. us
10) Is that cup ____?
a. his b. him
Circle the right pronouns in the narrative below.
Last night I/me went out to play with a friend. We/us played jump rope and chased spiders before the moon came out. Mine/my mother came out to find me/my. When her/she found I/me my mother told me/I it was time for bed. When I/me said goodbye to my friend her/she told me us/we would play again tomorrow.
Today I/me ate ice cream and it was very tasty. After lunch, we/us went to play in the park. There were swings, slides, and see-saws. Me/my and Jane went on the see-saw together. She/her laughed loudly when us/we played. It was very fun. After awhile we/us went back with my mom, and her/she took us/we home again.
Circle any pronouns that you see in the narrative below.
Jane and Jack went out to play. It was a hot Saturday afternoon as they played ball. After playing with the ball, they went on the swings in the backyard. Jane ran ahead of Jack.
“I wonder where she is going,” Jack said quietly. Waiting for a moment, Jack then ran after Jane quickly. “Wait for me!” he yelled. As Jane looked back, she smiled sweetly. “I will meet you at the top of the hill,” she yelled back as she kept running. Jack was out of breath, but he still managed to catch up with her.
“Hey,” he said panting. “You run fast,” he continued.
“I know!” said Jane giggling loudly as she poked Jack’s arm playfully and he laughed as well.