Some 21st birthday saying are funny, like "You're half way to 42" and others are more serious, like ""Live as long as you may. The first twenty years are the longest half of your life." by Robert Southey. Let's look at some sayings that can be used in cards, on gifts, or as part of a toast for this momentous year.
Let's Be Serious
To start our list of 21st birthday sayings, let's look at some sayings and quotes that are on the serious side. After all, becoming 21 means entering adulthood, so it can be a philosophical time.
- "At the age of twenty, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at thirty, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at forty, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all." - Anonymous
- "A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip." - Anonymous
- "The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." - Muhammad Ali
- "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill
- "At twenty years of age, the will reigns; at thirty, the wit; and at forty, the judgment." - Benjamin Franklin
- "Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." - Franz Kafka
- "The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate." - Oprah Winfrey
Let's Have Some Fun
Of course, there are also plenty of funny 21st birthday sayings as well:
- "Finally 21 and legally able to do everything I've been doing since 16." - Anonymous
- "One of the advantages of being young is that you don't let common sense get in the way of doing things everyone else knows are impossible." - Anonymous
- "You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Unknown
- "I think age is a very high price to pay for maturity." - Tom Stoppard
- "21 is the age of responsibility. Give it a few months and you will be wondering why you were in such a hurry to get here." - Anonymous
- "Birthdays are nature's way of telling us to eat more cake." - Anonymous
Remember, the best sayings on a special birthday are those spoken from the heart. They will be heard the loudest and remembered the longest.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"What Are Some 21st Birthday Sayings?." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 16 November 2018. <https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/some-21st-birthday-sayings.html>.
What Are Some 21st Birthday Sayings?. (n.d.). Retrieved November 16th, 2018, from https://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/some-21st-birthday-sayings.html