Maybe you’ve been asked to give a toast or a speech for a 75th birthday celebration. Let’s look at some tips for finding just the right words and for creating a memorable celebration.
75th Birthday Party Toast or Speech
The first thing to remember in making any toast or a speech is to make it short. Keep it light and positive, remembering to thank the hosts for the party and the guests for coming.
At a celebration for a 75th birthday you can talk about the old days, mention achievements or hobbies of the honoree, or point out things that were happening around the world when he was born.
Include a lot of the character traits of the guest of honor and throw in a humorous story or two. Here are some funny quotes you may want to put in your speech or toast:
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. - Lucille Ball
- “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.” - Jack Benny
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. - Reverend Larry Lorenzoni
Words to Celebrate a 75th Birthday
Whether you are writing a speech, toast, or a card for someone turning 75 years old, here are some clever sayings you might want to include:
- I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do. - Phyllis Diller
- You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake. - Bob Hope
- I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now. - Author Unknown
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. - Mark Twain
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. - Groucho Marx
Remember: The words you select will make the most impact if they are from the heart. This is not the time to compose long flowery prose. Tell the person how you feel about them and why. That's memorable.