Is there a more tired sentiment than a quickly scrawled “you are appreciated”? Yet for employers and employees, businessmen and clients, family members and close friends, associates and lovers, expressing appreciation for everything a person means to you is absolutely necessary.
Words of appreciation don't have to come across as banal and trite. When you find yourself lost for words, try some of these words of appreciation from the heart. They’re not sentimental or sappy, but each phrase expresses something about that special relationship that lifts your heart and makes the day to day stresses that you face more manageable. Take the time today to tell someone “I appreciate you.”
Casual Words of Appreciation
These phrases are appropriate for business relationships, casual friends, and acquaintances who have gone the extra mile for you.
- I just wanted to let you know—the things you do for (me, the company, our group) do not go unnoticed. You’re a necessary piece to this puzzle. I appreciate your dedication and service, and I know others do too.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your commitment. You are not only a valued member of this group, you’re a dear friend. I can’t imagine working without you.
- You’re the heart and soul of this team. I appreciate your dedicated commitment.
- I only wish to aspire to the things you’ve achieved. Telling you that you’re “appreciated” does not do your service justice. You’re the best!
- You do such a great job! Keep it up.
- Let me encourage you today: you’re not only on the right track. You set the course for the rest of us. I appreciate you.
- The difference you make is nothing short of legendary.
- I can’t imagine the world without you. I only know it would be a much different, much less comforting place.
- God bless you for always being there to cheer and to guide.
Try some of these special quotes from some of the world’s leading philosophers, actors, and businessmen to convey your deep appreciation for another person.
- Frederick Koenig once mentioned that happiness comes not from getting something we lack, but from the recognition and appreciation of what we do have. I agree—I don’t know what I’d do without you.
- “I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” – Elbert Hubbard
- According to the Dalai Lama, the roots of goodness are in the soil of appreciation for goodness. You’ve been too good to me, and it is deeply appreciated.
- To truly appreciate life, we seek companionship. Thank you for being my companion. I appreciate you.
- “Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the gratefully and appreciating heart.” – Henry Clay
- Goethe said, “treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.” You’ve treated me as though I were capable of reaching the stars. Because of you, I have.
- When I read that Dickens said, “reflect upon your present blessings,” you came to mind.
- Proust urged his readers be grateful to people who make them happy. I am grateful to you.
Do you want to tell that special someone they’re appreciated without saying “I love you”? Try a few of these on for size.
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
- Your love and support will always be remembered, fondly in good times, and as encouragement in bad.
- Someday I hope to give to you a fraction of all you’ve given me.
- No words can express, no act of gratitude can relay, no gift can represent what your love and support have meant to me. Please accept this note as an indicator of my heartfelt appreciation for everything you are.
- I can’t imagine five minutes without you. Thank God I’ve got the rest of my life to spend with you.
- If I tried to tell you how much I appreciate you, I’d be talking the rest of my life. I hope that, in some small way, you realize how much you’ve meant to me, and how truly I desire to give back to you.
- You’ve bent over backwards for me. Please let me repay you somehow, if only in a note telling you how much I appreciate your love and support.
Regardless of the type or depth of relationship, words of appreciation are always appropriate.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Words of Appreciation." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 13 August 2018. <http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/words-of-appreciation.html>.
Words of Appreciation. (n.d.). Retrieved August 13th, 2018, from http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/words-of-appreciation.html