Do you need a list of romantic words? Can’t find just the right words to express how you feel? Well, help is on the way. Here are some words and phrases that will help you say what you feel.
List of Romantic Words
The three most romantic and powerful words are still, “I love you”. Here are some words to describe the person you love: adorable, amazing, angel, babe, baby, beautiful, beloved, best thing, bewitching, darling, enchanting, everything, fine, gorgeous, handsome, heavenly, honey, sexy, sugar, sweetheart, sweetie, and wonderful.
Here is a list of romantic words that describe your love or the way you feel: adore, bewitched, cherish, complete, crazy, forever, everlasting, lucky, treasure, wild.
Saying I Love You
Another way to say, “I love you” is to say it in another language. Here are a few:
- French = Je t'aime or Je t'adore
- Greek = S'agapo
- Italian = Ti amo
- Hawaiian = Aloha Au Ia ‘Oe
- Russian = Ya lyublyu tebya
- Spanish = Te amo or Te quiero
List of Romantic Sayings and Quotes
Along with the list of romantic words, you also need some romantic quotes or sayings. First are some quotes about love, then there are some phrases and several poems you can say to the person you love.
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. - Aristotle
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. - Judy Garland
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss
- The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in. - Anonymous
- You hold the key to my heart.
- My love for you is unconditional and eternal.
- I adore you.
- You are the best thing that ever happened to me.
- You are my perfect match.
- You are the one I’ve always wished for.
- You make my heart skip a beat.
- Last night I looked up into the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars.
- I'll love you till death, and then some.
- [When giving her or him a dozen roses, 11 real and 1 fake], say "I will love you until the last rose dies."
"I love thee, I love but theeWith a love that shall not dieTill the sun grows coldAnd the stars grow old." - William ShakespeareHow do I love thee? Let me count the ways.I love thee to the depth and breadth and heightMy soul can reach, when feeling out of sightFor the ends of Being and ideal Grace. - Elizabeth Barrett Browning
First four lines of “i carry your heart” by e. e. cummings:
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)i am never without it (anywhere i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
Other Ways to be Romantic
Sometimes you need more than a list of romantic words to be romantic. After all, actions speak louder than words. Here are a few romantic things to do.
- Before he or she finishes a sentence, kiss him or her passionately.
- Draw a bath and throw in some rose petals.
- Say, “You’ll never lose me” with a gift of a compass.
- When he or she is taking a shower, draw a heart on the mirror.
- Kiss in private and in public.
- Hold hands.
- Play footsies while watching TV.
- Buy a gift for no reason.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"List of Romantic Words." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 16 August 2018. <http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/word-lists/list-of-romantic-words.html>.
List of Romantic Words. (n.d.). Retrieved August 16th, 2018, from http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/word-lists/list-of-romantic-words.html