What Is an Irregular Plural Noun? Usage Guide and Examples
Irregular plural nouns either change their endings or stay the same as their singular forms. From “party” to “parties” or “moose” to “moose,” they work differently than your standard nouns.
November 10, 2022
Rules for Writing Numbers: Know When To Spell Them Out
Learning how to write numbers in English involves understanding the rules. Read on to find ways to remember the rules for when to write out numbers!
October 27, 2022
The 11 Rules of Grammar: Understand the Basics
There are 11 basic grammar rules that can assure what you write sounds less like gibberish and more like English. We break them down for you.
September 23, 2022
What Is an Article? Explanation, Usage, and Examples
Just because articles are small in size, doesn’t mean they’re small in importance. Learn what articles are and why they’re crucial to your sentences here.
August 8, 2022
Browse Articles in Grammar Rules And Tips
- Snowclones and Why They Feel Like a Writing Brain Freeze
- Are Base Words and Root Words the Same?
- The Basic Grammar Rules of English
- YourDictionary Presents: Easy, Fun, Free Grammar Tools for All Ages
- 10 Words That Don't Mean What You Think They Mean
- 18 Most Common Grammar Mistakes
- Is Ain't a Real Word?
- Split Infinitive Grammar Rules and Tips
- What Are Subject and Object Complements in Grammar?
- English Grammar Teaching Tools