Whether you’re creating a new marketing slogan or writing a poem about Earth, finding words that rhyme with “world” is no easy feat. See if these rhymes and near rhymes for “world” can work for your needs.
31 Words That Rhyme (or Almost) With World
Words That Actually Rhyme With World
A perfect rhyme is created when the final stressed vowel and all subsequent sounds in two words sound exactly the same. These are the best rhymes for “world” because they are perfect rhymes.
- burled (v.) - finished cloth by removing knots or loose threads
- curled (v.) - formed into a spiral shape
- furled (v.) - rolled up and secured
- hurled (v.) - threw with force
- knurled (v.) - pressed a pattern of ridges into a part
- pearled (v.) - formed bead-like drops
- purled (v.) - flowed with a murmuring sound
- squirreled (v.) - hid away for safekeeping
- swirled (v.) - moved in a spinning motion
- twirled (v.) - spun around in a circle
- whirled (v.) - spun quickly in a circular motion
Near Rhymes for World
Finding near rhymes, half rhymes, slant rhymes, or imperfect rhymes for “world” is equally as hard as finding perfect rhymes. These are some of the best options out there that almost rhyme with “world.”
Words That Rhyme With Synonyms for World
If you don’t like any of the rhyming options for “world,” consider using a word similar to “world” instead. It might be easier to find rhymes for other words that mean the same as “world.”
Words That Rhyme With Earth
Swap out the word “world” and you might be able to use these words that rhyme with “earth.”
Words That Rhyme With Globe
If you can trade “world” for “globe,” you might be able to use these rhyme words.
Words That Rhyme With Planet
While “planet” isn’t easy to rhyme with either, it does give you a few extra options.
All the Rhymes in the World
Rhyming with tricky words like “world” can drive you mad if you’re after perfection. If you’re really on the hunt for the hardest word to rhyme with, check out words that rhyme with orange!