Journal Prompts for Kids That Spark Imagination
Fun Animal Journal Writing Prompts for Kids
When it comes to journal prompts to inspire imagination in kids, you can’t go wrong talking about animals. Have fun with these creative journal writing prompts for elementary kids!
- Describe the day in the life of a goldfish.
- What would you do if you lived in a world where you were the pet?
- Imagine you live in a zoo. What would you do?
- If you could have one animal superpower, what would it be?
- What would you do if you sprouted a tail?
- Would you like having ears like a cat?
- Write a story of the day in the life of a cat.
- Discuss an adventure your pet had.
- What would it be like if Ironman was a dog with superpowers?
- If the pigeons at the beach could talk, what would they say?
- Where would you go if you were a bird?
- Describe the day in the life of a lion.
- If you had fur, would you wear clothes?
- Imagine animals ruled the world. Who would be king?
Silly Journal Writing Ideas for Kids
Ready to get silly? Your kids surely are. Have some silly inspired fun with these creative writing prompts for kids.
- What would you do if you could live in your backpack?
- What would you say to your pet if they could talk?
- If you met a giant, what would you do?
- What would you do if you lived in a giant sandwich?
- How would you get around if you were the size of an ant?
- What cartoon character would you be?
- If you could live in your favorite story, what one would it be?
- Where would you go if you could fly?
- What would you do if you live in space?
- What is one thing you would do if you could be a merman or mermaid for a day?
- How would your meal look if vegetables tasted like chocolate?
- What does the day in the life of a martian look like?
Creative Elementary Writing Ideas
Wondering what it might like to live with dinosaurs or what the future looks like is sure to spark kids' imaginations. Let your kids get creative with these elementary writing prompts.
- Where would you go if you could time travel to the past?
- You time-traveled to the year 3345. What does it look like?
- How would life be different if you lived with dinosaurs?
- Would you rather be really short or really tall?
- Where would you go if you could drive?
- What would life be like if it was always summertime?
- Imagine you live in an igloo. Describe what it's like.
- Where would you go if you could fly a helicopter?
- If you were king or queen for a day, what rule would you change?
- You can only ride your favorite ride at an amusement park. What would it be and how many times would you ride it?
- If you could be famous, who would you be and why?
- Imagine you could hop in and out of your favorite comic. What comic would it be?
Imaginative Journal Prompts for Elementary Kids
Dive in deep to those imaginative children’s brains through these engaging journal prompts for kids.
- How would you save the world from an asteroid?
- What would you buy with all the money in the world?
- Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
- What is your most favorite place in the world? Would you live there?
- What would you do if you could live at Disney World?
- Imagine Santa came to you on Christmas Eve and needed your help. What would you do?
- What is a secret dream that you have?
- Write a story about your friend and you on a magical adventure.
- What would you do if you got an acceptance letter for a magical school?
- Describe what your magical power would be.
- Imagine you walked into a world of talking fairies. Describe what it would look like.
- What holiday would you celebrate every day, besides Christmas?
The Fun of Creative Writing
Children love to use their imaginations. And nothing makes journaling more fun than given kids journal prompts to ignite their creative minds. Keep the fun going through adding these story starters for your kiddos.