Quick! Can you think of any adjectives that start with "b?" Beautiful probably springs to mind, but after that, you might find it harder to come up with one. Indeed, the second letter of the English alphabet often finds itself playing second fiddle. When you're in high school, you don't want to be on the "B team" when the "A team" is so much cooler. Explore a list of the best and brightest adjectives that begin with "b."
Adjectives That Start With B
List of Adjectives That Start With B
Let’s get to all those great adjectives that start with "b." Feel free to make your own list, too. Then, gear up to challenge your friends to a boisterous game of Scrabble. You will totally destroy them.
Adjectives That Start With Ba-Bl
Ready to start your journey to "b" adjectives? Start with adjectives beginning with "ba" to "bl."
- babbling - excited talking or flow of water
- bacterial - caused by bacteria
- bad - unfavorable or spoiled
- baffling - impossible to understand
- balding - losing hear on head
- balmy - moderate
- bashful - shy
- barking - making a yapping noise
- beaming - shining brightly
- beefy - large or thick
- befitting - suitable or proper
- believable - plausible
- belligerent - highly argumentative; exhibiting hostility
- betrayed - abandon or mistreat
- bewildered - confused
- bicameral - having two chambers
- bitter - distasteful, acrid taste
- blaring - loud
- bleak - barren
- blonde - golden hair
- blissful - full of happiness and joy
- blue - color of the sky
- blurry - unfocused
- blushing - reddish cheeks
Adjectives That Start With Bo to Bu
Well that was fun, wasn't it? Thankfully, we have 25 more "b" adjectives for you.
- bodacious - bold; someone simultaneously audacious and admirable
- boisterous - noisy, energetic, or rowdy
- bonkers - crazy
- boring - lacking interest
- bossy - domineering
- bookish - someone devoted to reading
- bovine - like a cow
- boyish - behaving like a boy
- bracing - fresh and invigorating
- brackish - unpleasant or distasteful
- brash - reckless
- brazen - shameless
- breezy - windy
- brief - short duration
- brilliant - very smart or very bright
- brisk - cold, but fresh and invigorating
- brittle - something hard, likely to shatter
- bulimic - relating to the eating disorder bulimia
- bulky - takes up a lot of space
- bumbling - incompetent
- bumpy - uneven surface
- bushy - thick growing
- bustling - active; full of activity; crowded
- buxom - a full-figured woman; voluptuous
- buzzing - continuous hum
Example Sentences Using Adjectives That Start With B
Ready to take your "b" adjective game to a whole new level? Check out these sentences using words with the letter "b". It's brilliant!
- We all smiled at the babbling baby.
- The smell of the bad meat was hard to ignore.
- She had a beaming smile.
- The bewildered boy looked at me with a particular expression.
- She had blonde hair down to her waist.
- The bossy child told everyone what to do.
- The lemon left a bitter taste in my mouth.
- It was a brisk wind.
- The bulky coat was hard to fit in the closet.
- It was hard to move in the bustling shop.
Sound Off With B
Some consonants are inconstant. They’re fickle beasts who like to fool unwitting spellers at every turn. Not the letter "b"; "b" is a bastion of reliability in the minefield of the English language.
When you pronounce the letter "b," your voice doesn't stop, but your airflow is held back for one precious moment behind your closed lips before exploding into the desired sound.
The letter "p" is formed similarly, behind close lips, but isn’t as constant as "b." The letter "p" can pair up with "h" or "s" to make wholly different sounds. "B," however, is a perfect letter. No matter what it's next to, it makes the same sound. Sure, sometimes "b" likes to stay silent, like in debt or numb but, when "b" makes a sound, it will always be identical to every other "b."
Incorporating Adjectives That Start With B
With a list of common adjective words by your side, you can go on to accomplish many great and wonderful things in your speech and writing. Your next essay will be bracing; your first manuscript will be breathtaking. Now, let’s keep your adjective list growing with a move on to adjectives that start with "c."