What are some words that rhyme with smile? There are actually quite a few options. Whether you're penning a poem or working on another type of writing, you're sure to find this list of rhymes for smile to be quite helpful.
Words That Rhyme With Smile (for Poems & Writing)
One-Syllable Perfect Rhymes for Smile
Rhymes don't have to be long to be creative and inspired! These brief monosyllabic words are great options when you're looking for a super-short word that rhymes with smile.
Two-Syllable Perfect Rhymes for Smile
There are even more two-syllable words that rhyme with smile. Keep in mind that these words aren't always pronounced the same. Say the line out loud to verify that the cadence works the way you want.
Dual Syllable Rhymes A-H
Consider one of these options from the first part of the alphabet. Take into account both connotative and denotative meanings when making your selection.
Dual Syllable Rhymes G-X
With so many two-syllable options to consider, keep searching for an even better term. Discover more choices towards the end of the alphabet.
Three-Syllable Perfect Rhymes for Smile
Rhyming words don't have to be approximately the same length. The word you're searching for might be a bit longer. Consider these options, each with three syllables.
Perfect Rhyme Word Pairs for Smile
Whether you're looking for smile rhymes for a poem, song or other piece of writing, you don't have to stick to just a solo word. Sometimes the best rhyme comes in the form of a pair of words rather than just one term.
- air mile
- architectural style
- artistic style
- backup file
- ceramic tile
- computer file
- employee file
- fingernail file
- in style
- junk pile
- main file
- master file
- new style
- nautical mile
- old style
- rank and file
- roofing tile
- signature style
- single file
- square mile
- text file
- trash pile
- vertical file
- writing style
A Few Imperfect Rhymes for Smile
Not every rhyme has to have a perfect end rhyme. Poets and writers often use words with an ending sound that is very close to the original word without being an exact match. Review some examples of near rhymes for the word smile.
You can also form near rhymes by adding -s to or -ed (as with beguiled) to the end of perfect rhyming words. Near rhymes are also referred to as slant rhymes. Discover some examples of slant rhymes in poetry.
Examples of Smile Rhyming Quotes and Sayings
These quick smile rhyme lines may be just what you need for the writing plans you are laying. Both perfect and imperfect (near) rhymes are used.
- searching through the employee file in search of someone who'll offer service with a smile
- in your eyes I can see a smile; you have such a lovely expressive style
- whether she said it with a frown or even a smile, mom insists you buckle down and get rid of that junk pile
- it is far too rare, only once in a while do you brighten your stare with a brilliant smile
- a comedic writing style to my face always brings a smile
- he (or she) made me smile, but only for a while
- her profile always includes a smile; surely it's part of her signature style
- your amazing smile drives me wild; in just a short while I am truly beguiled
- from the time you were just a wee child, my heart it melts at the sight of your smile
- from sadness to a gentle smile with a cup of hot tea brewed from chamomile
- many an air mile I will fly, just to be near you and bask in your smile
Enhance Your Writing With Rhymes
While rhyming words are most commonly associated with poetry, they can enhance many types of writing. From lyrics to photo captions to great works of literature, there is room for rhyming in just about every genre. Since smiles are often associated with friendship and love, consider exploring some other rhyming options. Start by reviewing words that rhyme with friend. Then, explore options for words that rhyme with love. You might also find words that rhyme with happy useful.