What Is a Noun Clause? Meaning, Usage, and Types
A noun clause functions as a noun in a sentence. It follows a linking or copular verb to modify the subject of the sentence. Didn’t make sense? It’s okay. We break it down for you.
December 8, 2022
Noun Phrases: Definition, Purpose, and Use
Noun phrases are groups of words that function like nouns. Explore how they function and some examples to help you understand how to properly use them.
October 28, 2022
Subject-Verb Agreement Rules, Simplified
It's hard to get a grasp on subject-verb agreement rules, but it's definitely not impossible. Follow this simple guide into what this concept entails.
September 16, 2022
Types of Sentences
In writing and speaking, there are four basic types of sentences. Discover the function of each type so you can make the right choice in your writing!
September 13, 2022
Browse Articles in Sentences
- Compound Sentences
- Independent and Dependent Clauses
- Using Introductory Phrases Correctly
- Subject-Verb Agreement Quiz: Two Practice Tests With Answers
- Subject-Verb Agreement Worksheets for Different Ages
- Run-On Sentences: What They Are and How to Fix Them
- Compound Subjects and Predicates Explained + Sample Sentences
- How to Identify an Adverb Clause + Quiz
- What Are Verbals and Verbal Phrases?
- Adverb Clauses: Different Types Explained
- Adjective Phrase: What It Is and How to Use It
- Correcting Misplaced Modifiers
- Correcting Sentence Fragments: An Easy How-to Guide
- What Is a Predicate?
- What Are the Different Parts of a Sentence?
- Adjective Clause
- Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers Worksheet
- The Gerund Phrase: What It Is & How It Works
- The Participial Phrase Explained (With Examples)
- Grammar Lesson: Identifying Objects in Sentences
- Grammar Clauses in English Made Easy
- Diagramming Sentences
- Free Diagramming Sentences Worksheets
- Adjective and Adverb Clauses: Differences and Uses
- Teaching Sentence Combining
- What Is an Absolute Phrase?
- Correcting Dangling Modifiers
- Conditional Sentences: Examples of the Different Types
- Writing Compound-Complex Sentences
- Fixing Common Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
- What Is the Subject of a Sentence?
- Infinitive Phrases
- How to Write Complex Sentences: Structure and Rules
- Understanding Subjects, Predicates, and Objects
- Prepositional Phrases and How They Function
- Key Sentence Patterns in English Grammar
- Verb Phrase: Definition and Structure
- Rules for Combining Sentences
- Sentence Combining Worksheets