By 8th grade, a student's vocabulary is extensive. However, there are still words that students can work on to boost spelling skills. Explore this list of 8th grade spelling words to help your students build their vocabulary.
8th Grade Spelling Words for Students to Practice
8th Grade Spelling Words for Language Arts
In 8th grade, you’re getting your students ready for high school. This means that their language arts vocab needs to be strong to be ready for those research papers and essays. Prepare your students by trying these 8th grade spelling words in spelling games and tests.
8th Grade Spelling Words for Math and Science
When you think of math and science, spelling words might not be your first thought. However, having a solid foundation of definitions and proper spelling of math and science words can make life easy for students. To give them a leg up, try these spelling words for 8th grade.
8th Grade Spelling Words for Social Sciences
To round out your 8th grade spelling word list, try a few fun social science words. From the Civil War to the early civilizations, these 8th grade spelling words cover the gambit.
8th Grade Spelling Sentences
Some words that might come up in subjects or in a spelling bee can get a little tricky. See how several of these words are used in a sentence.
- She was surprised by the acknowledgement that she received for her work with children.
- The acoustics in the stadium were amazing for the concert.
- She had a gnawing feeling that something was wrong.
- It made her sad that her friends deceived her by playing a trick on her.
- It took a great amount of force to get the car to move.
- She tried to calculate the velocity of the car.
- The timeline was listed in chronological order.
- Women's suffrage is a famous women's rights movement.
- Many believe that a utopian society is impossible.
- The Great Depression was a time of suffering in the United States.
Spelling Words for 8th Grade
By the time your students get to 8th grade, their vocabulary is expansive. However, finding ways to boost their speaking and writing skills is never a bad idea. To expand their thinking, you might try some journal writing exercises.