Have you ever been asked to give a 75th birthday speech or toast for a celebration? It's not always easy to find the right words for birthday wishes, especially for such a momentous occasion. Consider some well-known quotes and original phrases on your quest to find just the right 75th birthday wishes.
Thoughtful and Creative 75th Birthday Words
When someone you love is celebrating a 75th birthday, seize the opportunity to say a few words at their diamond jubilee, the name for a 75th birthday. Whether you’re making a speech or a toast, writing a card, or just passing along your best wishes and affection, consider some of these options.
- Happy diamond jubilee! You’re the sparkle in my life and the twinkle in my eye!
- As you mark your diamond jubilee birthday, I just want to say that diamond’s really are a girl’s best friend. You’re more lovely than ever, and I wish you a fabulous birthday.
- What is a 75th birthday called? When you’re the one celebrating, it’s called a joyous occasion. Happy birthday to the best person I know.
- It brings me great pleasure to wish you a happy 25th birthday tonight. I just need to do it three times in a row!
- Roses are red, violets are blue, 75 looks super-awesome on you!
- My gift to you is love with a personal touch. L is for your joy of life. O is for your open heart. V is for how very cherished you are. E is for an extra-special birthday.
- What have I done to deserve the joy of having you in my life for all of these years? I wish you a joyful 75th birthday and a wonderful year filled with love, laughter and good health.
- What an honor to toast you on this special night to mark the 75th anniversary of your birth. To a wonderful ___________ (fill in with relationship), I wish you great joy.
- You are the rock of this family. On your 75th birthday, it gives me great pleasure to shine the spotlight on you as you so often do for others. Happy birthday. I love you so much.
- No matter what the next year brings, I love you more than all the things. I wouldn’t trade one moment away; I’m so grateful to be with you on this, your special day.
- What can I say about you on your birthday? Only that you are loved and cherished today and every day.
- What a strong influence in my life you have been. I am so grateful to know you and to be here with you today as we all join together to mark the wonderful occasion of your birth.
- I wish you a happy birthday 75th and a lifetime of health, love and joy.
- I love you more than I hate public speaking. On your 75th birthday, I’ll overcome stage fright to lift a toast, to you the special person that I love the very most.
- Let’s lift our glasses in celebration of a life well-lived so far, with many more parties and celebrations in honor of the same special star! Happy birthday.
Fun & Inspirational Birthday Quotes About Old Age
If you find yourself short of anecdotes, you can't go wrong with a famous quote about growing older. Whether you’re seeking to be funny or inspirational, using a quote or two is a great way to signal a toast, or to segue into additional content if you’re planning to deliver a bit of a speech.
- “Too many people, when they get old, think that they have to live by the calendar." - John Glenn
- “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” - Sophia Loren
- "The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." - Lucille Ball
- "Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Jack Benny
- “At my age, flowers scare me.” - George Burns
- "When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile." - Bill (character), as played by George Burns in Just You and Me Kid
- "I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do." - Phyllis Diller
- "You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." - Bob Hope
Tips for Making a 75th Birthday Toast or Speech
Once you decide what you’re going to say, spend some time practicing. If you’re nervous about making a 75th birthday speech or toast in front of your friends and family, remember to keep it light! In making any toast or a speech it is important to keep it fun, positive and short. It’s fine to get a little emotional as well when you’re celebrating such a momentous occasion as a loved one’s 75th birthday.
- Start by thanking the hosts for the party and the guests for coming.
- Focus on honoring the person. Talk about the achievements and hobbies of the honoree.
- Mention some of the experiences you've shared with the guest of honor.
- Consider throwing in a few world events that were happening when the guest was born.
- Make sure the birthday celebrant gets a chance to take a bow.
Speak With Sincerity
There is no substitute for sincerity when you’re sending 75th birthday wishes to an important person in your life. Remember: the words you select will make the most impact if they are from the heart. This is not the time to compose long flowery prose. Tell the person how you feel about them and why. If you’re still searching for the perfect thing to say, you don’t have to stop here. Check out these words for birthday wishes for more ideas. If you need additional inspiration, review these birthday quotes.