Are you looking for just the right words to express how you feel? Perhaps a simple “I love you” doesn’t carry enough sway and you need to dress it up a little. Fear not! Help is on the way!
Below, you’ll find a list of romantic words and phrases that just might spark the proverbial fires.
Romantic Words List
There’s no denying the weight of the three most romantic words, "I love you." But, if you’re looking to write a letter with a tad more creativity, here are some other romantic words for you to consider:
- better half
- crazy for you
- friend and lover
- main squeeze
- my everything
Romantic Action Words
How about a list of action words? Many, although not all, of the words below can be substituted for the verb “love” in “I love you.” Perhaps you can use a few of these words to describe the way you feel.
Saying I Love You
Another way to tell someone "I love you" is to say it in another language. Here are a few:
- French = Je t'aime or Je t'adore
- Greek = S'agapo
- Italian = Ti amo
- Hawaiian = Aloha Au Ia 'Oe
- Russian = Ya lyublyu tebya
- Spanish = Te amo or Te quiero
List of Romantic Sayings and Quotes
Along with this list of romantic words, it might also help to have some romantic quotes or sayings by your side.
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies. - Aristotle
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. - Alfred Lord Tennyson
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul. - Judy Garland
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. - Dr. Seuss
- The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in. - Anonymous
- You hold the key to my heart.
- My love for you is unconditional and eternal.
- I adore you.
- You are the best thing that ever happened to me.
- You are my perfect match.
- You are the one I've always wished for.
- You make my heart skip a beat.
- Last night I looked up into the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars.
- I'll love you till death, and then some.
- When giving her or him a dozen roses, 11 real and 1 fake, say "I will love you until the last rose dies."
Love is in the Air
Sometimes you need more than a list of romantic words to be romantic. After all, actions speak louder than words. However, in the realm of love, a few sweet words never did any harm. Before you start crafting the one-liner to end all one-liners, take a look at these short and sweet love poems. Happy romancing!