This is a set of two capitalization practice worksheets. They are suitable for different levels and each covers a different set of capitalization rules.
Capitalization Practice Worksheets
The first of the two capitalization practice worksheets will give students practice on "I", the first word of a sentence, days, months, names of people and places, and titles of books, magazines, plays, television shows, movies, newspapers, etc.
Capitalization Exercises Worksheet 1
A. DIRECTIONS: Circle the words in the following sentences that need a capital letter. There are 25.
- my favorite books are green eggs and ham and horton hears a who.
- on sunday, i will see the movie star wars and eat at taco bell.
- terry and louis went to central park last july.
- she has a friend from london, england.
- did you know that abraham lincoln was the sixteenth president?
B. DIRECTIONS: Write the following sentences correctly.
- every december, i can hardly wait for santa claus.
- friday is the best day because we order pizza from domino's.
- the best television shows are spongebob and ed, edd, and eddie.
- my favorite song is we will rock you.
- king arthur ruled over camelot.
- My favorite books are Green Eggs and Ham and Horton Hears a Who.
- On Sunday, I will see the movie Star Wars and eat at Taco Bell.
- Terry and Louis went to Central Park last July.
- She has a friend from London, England.
- Did you know that Abraham Lincoln was the sixteenth president?
- Every December, I can hardly wait for Santa Claus.
- Friday is the best day because we order pizza from Domino's.
- The best television shows are Spongebob and Ed, Edd, and Eddie.
- My favorite song is We Will Rock You.
- King Arthur ruled over Camelot.
Capitalization Worksheet #2
This second worksheet covers all the rules from the previous worksheet:
"I", the first word of a sentence, days, months, names of people and places, and titles of books, magazines, plays, television shows, movies, newspapers, etc.
It add rules about family names; historical events, eras, and documents; directions; names of buildings and organizations; and titles of groups of people.
A. DIRECTIONS: Put an X if the sentence is capitalized incorrectly and a C if it is capitalized correctly.
- _____ Big Ben of London is a clock.
- _____ I drove east to the city and turned north.
- _____ My family supports the American cancer society.
- _____ Yellowstone National Park is a great Park.
- _____ I work for the New York Times.
- _____ She is a republican and proud of it.
- _____ The Emancipation proclamation was issued in 1862.
- _____ Buddhists have been around a very long time.
- _____ The Sidney Opera House is a Gorgeous Building.
- _____ The Bronze Age lasted for several thousand years.
B. DIRECTIONS: Circle all the words that need to be capitalized. There are 25.
i have the coolest book called encyclopedia of the world. it shows pictures of africans, asians, animals, and architecture. it explains how the coliseum in greece was built and why the leaning tower of pisa leans. my dad likes reading about the war of the roses and the russian revolution. it also explains about different groups of people, like catholics, protestants, and jews. Also included is information about zoos, including the san diego zoo.
B. I have the coolest book called Encyclopedia of the World. It shows pictures of Africans, Asians, animals, and architecture. It explains how the Coliseum in Greece was built and why the Leaning Tower of Pisa leans. My dad likes reading about the War of the Roses and the Russian Revolution. It also explains about different groups of people, like Catholics, Protestants, and Jews. Also included is information about zoos, including the San Diego Zoo.
YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2018 by LoveToKnow Corp
Link to this page
Cite this page
"Capitalization Practice." YourDictionary, n.d. Web. 15 October 2018. <http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/for-teachers/capitalization-practice.html>.
Capitalization Practice. (n.d.). Retrieved October 15th, 2018, from http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/for-teachers/capitalization-practice.html